To make Costa Rica a land of Guardians of Nature children and teachers through a collective impact approach, and to promote our vision and strategy globally.
Empower children and teachers to be guardians of natural resources by providing free environmental education tools, fostering experiences, and promoting green school campuses through the collaboration and collective impact of the government, the private sector and civil society.
1. Teacher empowerment: To create tools, training programs and reward systems to empower principals and teachers.
2. Student empowerment: To create tools and activities that enable students to be Guardians of Nature.
3. Collective impact: To secure economic resources and strategic alliances to fulfill and execute our vision through the power of collective impact.
4. Communication: Communicate and share the actions of guardian children and the best practices of environmental education to inspire regenerative human development.
1. Address legislation, technology and behaviour.
2. Focus on the human behaviour (Awareness and positive attitudes are not enough to affect behavior change).
3. Put the audience in the driver’s seat: including both children and teachers.
4. Present a clear message repeatedly, through various channels.
5. Apply a systematic and data collection process: evaluate, design, plan, implement, monitor, evaluate.
7. Adopt a long-term strategic approach.
1. Interaction: Develop or strengthen mechanisms to bring together people, resources, information, experiences, and materials to build a strong base for free environmental education materials for Latin American teachers.
2. Capacity development: Strengthen professional and technical capacity to design, implement, and monitor EE&C programs, interventions, and activities.
3. Participation for local action: Strengthen EE&C initiatives to stimulate local participation in and support for a Guardians of Nature movement.
4. Mass Communication: Strengthen systematic and integrated mass media strategies, tools, and methods that generate greater awareness, understanding, sense of responsibility, and action for creating a Guardians of Nature identity.