Achieve a change in Latin American educational models for sustainable human development.
Empower children and teachers to be guardians of natural resources by providing free environmental and socio-emotional learning tools, fostering experiences and promoting green school campuses through the collaboration and collective impact of the government, the private sector and civil society.
1. Promote to environmental education in children as an essential tool for sustainable development.
2. Influence and create strategic alliances with the government, NGOs and private companies to strengthen environmental education in all areas of society.
3. Communicate and share the actions of guardian children and the best practices of environmental education to inspire sustainable human development.
1. Address legislation, technology and behaviour.
2. Focus on the human behaviour (Awareness and positive attitudes are not enough to affect behavior change).
3. Put the audience in the driver’s seat: including both children and teachers.
4. Present a clear message repeatedly, through various channels.
5. Apply a systematic and data collection process: evaluate, design, plan, implement, monitor, evaluate.
7. Adopt a long-term strategic approach..
1. Interaction: Develop or strengthen mechanisms to bring together people, resources, information, experiences, and materials to build a strong base for free environmental education materials for Latin American teachers.
2. Capacity development: Strengthen professional and technical capacity to design, implement, and monitor EE&C programs, interventions, and activities.
3. Participation for local action: Strengthen EE&C initiatives to stimulate local participation in and support for a Guardians of Nature movement.
4. Mass Communication: Strengthen systematic and integrated mass media strategies, tools, and methods that generate greater awareness, understanding, sense of responsibility, and action for creating a Guardians of Nature identity.