The activities you will find in this platform are free, practical, aligned to the core subjects, multidisciplinary, inclusive, easy to implement and beautifully designed. Every detail has been designed and planned with you in mind and with our love and respect for you. Your work of inspiring children, day by day, and empowering our future entrepreneurs, scientists, politicians and decision makers, is one of the most important in society. That is why we want to support you and make you fall in love with environmental education and social and emotional learning.
We are committed to breaking any barrier to access the necessary information to educate new generations to coexist with nature and each other. The well-being and survival of humanity depends on it.
P.S. Our educational platform is originally intended for Spanish speaking teachers. The ESL lessons you can find here are a gift from Guardians of Nature and educators in Costa Rica. They have been developed by public school teachers, based on the national English curriculum from the Ministry of Education. They were planned for students from preschool to adults.
Type of materials
Esta es una recopilación de historias narradas por niños y niñas que viven o han vivido, en diferentes lugares del mundo, y que por circunstancias particulares han tenido experiencias especiales con el acceso al agua.
1.Name some common living and non living things in familiar environments. 2. Identify the difference between living and non living things. Essential scenario: Humans, animals, and plants are living things that need each other.
1.Name some common living and non living things in familiar environments. 2. Identify the difference between living and non living things. Essential Scenario: Humans, animals, and plants are living things that need each other.
1. Recognize specific information about wild animals and their habitats. 2. Respond in predictable patterns to simple questions about familiar things. ESSENTIAL QUESTION: How does nature help us? Humans, animals, and plants are living things that need each other.
1. Understand the important information in simple, clearly drafted printed materials. 2. Sustain a conversational exchange in the classroom. 3. Express opinions about the fragile world, welcoming questions and others’ opinions. ESSENTIAL QUESTION: Why is it important to focus on sustainable development?
1. Understand the main point of a video. 2. Classify materials as recyclable and nonrecyclable using illustrations. 3. Indicate which items can be recycled, reused, and reduced. Essential Question: Why is it important to focus on sustainable development?
1. Understand simple explanations if given slowly and clearly. 2. Engage in the writing process for simple publications. Essential Question: What are rainforests and what happens if they disappear?
1. Identify the main idea of audio text about our sustainable world. Essential Question: Why is it important to focus on sustainable development?
1. Describe places and things. 2. Extract information from texts to answer questions. 3. Express social responsibility in actions. Essential question: What are rainforests and what happens if they disappear?